When Readers Rate the Hot Spots
Conde Nast Traveler has announced the results of its 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking the best cities, islands, cruise lines, airlines, hotels, resorts, and car rental agencies worldwide.
The awards appear in the November issue (on newsstands Oct. 19) and are derived from the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice survey.
Perfect 10-10-10 Gifts for These Love Birds
Video Guides for Travelers to the Polar Areas
Quick Tips for Smart Holiday Travel
After Dark Tour to Terror behind the Walls
Norwegian Cruise Line Travel Channel on YouTube
“Get Out!” Heads to Canada with Hot Hosts
This year, 25,916 readers voted on more than 10,000 properties and destinations, and 281 places and properties achieve scores of 90 or above.
“The big news is that our readers’ appetite for travel has proven to be undeterred and indestructible, and their standards are more exacting than ever,” said Conde Nast Traveler editor-in-chief Klara Glowczewska.
“They are an army of trusted judges, and their votes and evaluations have rendered a Readers’ Choice Award one of the highest encomiums in the entire travel industry.”
The results of the 2010 Readers Choice Awards reveal:
- 915 hotels and resorts are among the 2010 Readers Choice Award winners, and their average rating is a good 87.9
- This year’s list include 13 airlines, 11 cruise lines, 59 hotels, and one island that have all won World Savers Award
- Of the 530 hotels on the list, 80 began on the Conde Nast Traveler Hot List
- The number one property in the World this year with a perfect score is Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
- With TK countries represented, this year’s list is more geographically diverse than ever.
- San Francisco takes the Best U.S. Cities category for a whopping 18th year in a row
- Charleston, South Carolina is considered the friendliest city in the U.S.
- After a three-year absence, Marrakech returns to the list, and two cities in Lebanon—Byblos and Beirut—made the list of Top Five in Africa/Middle East.
- Bangkok reclaims the top spot as the Best Asian City, after slipping to Ubud last year for the first time since the inception of the list.
- On the seas, Disney’s fleet topples its mega-sized competition, while Crystal Cruises shares its now four-year reign with Regent Seven Seas for Large-ship line.
- Topping the scores for cruises is Yachts of Seabourn for the small ship category, with a near perfect score
- Three of the five aircraft carriers that score the highest for inflight entertainment fly the Virgin Flag: Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and V Australia.
Every year since 1988, a select sample of Conde Nast Traveler readers have taken the Readers’ Choice Survey.
The questionnaire is available to all readers through a secure Web site. The final tabulations of 25,916 responses were done by Global Market Insite, Inc., of Boston.