By Rakesh Raman
I’m almost friendless in the real world. So, I had all the reason to rejoice when I got an army of friends on Facebook while more are still coming. I love them all. You know why? There are at least five reasons. Lemme explain.
1. They’re Dedicated: My friends’ sincerity is reflected in their dedication to Facebook. People may not be so attached to their places of worship as much as my friends are attached to Facebook. Sometimes, I feel they’ve selflessly devoted their entire lives to this noble cause of serving the online social network, as they’re available for it from morning to evening to night… and again morning.
2. They’re Quiet: Most of them come and keep sitting in one corner for hours without saying anything to anyone. I’m sure even a saint would find it difficult to meditate for such a long time everyday. Some of these friends can sit for almost 20 hours a day. They can sacrifice their sleep, work, families, et al. to keep their promise with Facebook – and, of course, with me.
3. They’re Accommodating: In a world where separation has become order of the day, some of my friends are so nice that they appear in their profile photos as two-in-one depending on their tastes – such as male-male, female-female, or male-female. I rate these two-bodies-one-soul type friends as true angels. Others go a step further to accommodate all sorts of beasts ranging from dogs to horses to rats to cats – giving them place in their hearts through Facebook photos. This shows their true love for all creatures.
4. They’re Courteous: They keep inviting me to all sorts of Pages, Groups and Events even when I always decline all of them. That’s not all. They keep sending me those artificial hearts and kisses that taste better than the real ones. Believe me, their love for me is so overwhelming that sometimes I find myself buried under it.
5. They’re Skilful: They’d go all over the place to fetch everything from everywhere – lifted quotations, photos, videos, and whatnot. And some of them are so fast in doing this that their speed of bringing and pasting those snippets on Facebook will perhaps put the speed of light to shame.
Now, you tell me. Who won’t be proud of such good friends? I’m proud too. I love you all. Muaaha…
You can also read: More Articles by the RMN Editor, Rakesh Raman
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.