Real Voter – Politics in India
Politics in India
Two facts of Indian politics:
Fact 1. All politicians are corrupt.
Fact 2. If you think some of them are not corrupt, see Fact 1.
Today, India is standing at the crossroads where the country’s 1.25 billion people are facing a grave threat from their own political rulers who have been exploiting the sentiment of people for the past about seven decades after India got independence from the Britishers in 1947.
While almost all politicians here are corrupt – many are facing serious criminal charges – they have been winning elections by dividing voters on the basis of their caste, creed, color, and religious affiliations.
Plus, there is a dangerous nexus between these shady politicians and capitalists who want to stay in power by hook or by crook. Together, they have reduced India to a level of criminalized kleptocracy, in which all the four pillars of democracy have collapsed.
The following data will tell you the extent of damage that Indian politicians of all political parties have done to the country and its people. This data further shows that India continues to be an underdeveloped country.
- The 2016 Global Slavery Index
reveals that India has the maximum number of slaves
with 18.35 million people – including men, women, and children – living in some form of slavery.
- Violence impacted India’s economy by $679.80 billion in 2016, 9% of India’s GDP, or $525 per person. Plus, India is ranked as the 141st country in the Global Peace Index (GPI) 2016 released by the Institute for Economics and Peace.
- According to World Food Programme, hunger is so severe in India that a quarter of all undernourished people worldwide live in this country.
- According to Global Hunger Index, India ranks 25th in a list of 52 countries with serious hunger situation.
- As the rich-poor gap in India has reached alarming levels, according to World Food Programme, the bottom 10 percent of the population account for only 3.6 percent of the total consumption expenditure and the top 10 percent accounts for 31 percent.
- According to the World Bank’s “ease of doing business index” which measured the business atmosphere in 189 countries in 2014, India comes at a poor rank of 142.
- In a list of 178 countries, India’s Environmental Performance Index (EPI) of 2014 stands at a deplorable rank of 155. Worse, the air quality rank of India is 174. And India’s capital New Delhi is the world’s most polluted city.
- According to a UNESCO report, India has by far the largest population of illiterate adults — 287 million or 37% of the global total.
- According to The Global Information Technology Report 2014 released by the World Economic Forum, India’s rank is a poor 83. Worse, it has fallen to this level from its 2013 rank of 68 in the world.
- As India’s human development index (HDI) – which indicates the level of skills in a country – staggers at a dismal rank of 135 in the world – there is hardly any workforce in the country that is employable in any professional job.
- Out of nearly 500 million workers in India, over 94% work in unorganized sector as pushcart vendors, street hawkers, domestic servants, and so on. This means the education standards in India are so poor that they are not producing workforce employable for respectable jobs in the organized enterprises.
- According to the World Bank, nearly 300 million people (about 25% of Indian population) are so poor that they live on less than $1.25 per day.
- Over 300 million Indians, which is 25% of India’s population, have no access to electricity.
- Despite a lot of noise about Bollywood films in India, none of them could ever win the Oscar award.
- In Olympics (from 1896 – 2012) India could win only 9 gold medals – 8 in Field Hockey and 1 in Shooting.
- In the Democracy Ranking of 2014, India appears at a poor ranking position of 70, out of a sample of 112 countries.
- As corruption is rampant in the country, in 2014 India ranked 85th out of 175 countries in Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index.
To inform the Indian people about the nefarious designs of politicians and involve them in constructive debate, RMN Company – which is a leading media organization – has started the REAL VOTER information hub. Here we will cover the good, the bad, and the ugly of Indian politics.
You are invited to visit this section regularly.
You may please read the following articles:
[ Is it a Struggle for Freedom or Terrorism in Kashmir? ]
[ Sex and the Delhi City: AAP on the Verge of Collapse ]
[ Why Is Barack Obama Silent on Kashmir Issue? ]
[ UN Human Rights Office Denied Access to Kashmir ]
[ Finally, the UN Offers to Resolve Kashmir Conflict ]
[ Can Amnesty Help Stop Human Rights Abuses in India? ]
[ Can Narendra Modi’s Song and Dance Solve India’s Problems? ]
[ आओ मिल कर करें एक नये और समृद्ध भारत का निर्माण ]
[ क्या नरेन्द्र मोदी जल्दी ही अरविन्द केजरीवाल को मरवा देगा? विडियो देखें और बताएं। ]
[ क्यों हैं आप स्कूल की शिक्षा से परेशान? छुपाओ मत, मुझे बताओ। ]
[ Sonia Gandhi: Events in Kashmir Are Tragic ]
[ शिक्षा का सुधार: आईये सुने अरविन्द केजरीवाल जी के मन की बात ]
[ Wanna Talk to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal? ]
[ Kashmir Burning. Muslims Meet Indian Rulers ]
[ Education Dilemma: Let Us Save the Lives of Our School Children ]
[ मेरा देश बदल रहा है…आगे बढ़ रहा है। लेकिन कैसे? ]
[ आप का नया टी. वी. शो - केजरीवाल के कारनामे ]
[ Should Indian Schools and Universities Teach Yoga? ]
[ Arvind Kejriwal Accused of Political Corruption ]
[ Modi's Foreign Performance: 38 Tours in 24 Months ]
[ Why India Wants to Make Yoga a Mass Movement ]
[ Is Pranab Mukherjee the Education President of India? ]
[ Narendra Modi Stars in New BJP Thriller Modi Sarkaar ]
[ Can Pragati Achieve Good Governance for India? ]
[ Congress Highlights Failures of Modi Government ]
[ आइए सुने अपने प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी जी के मन की बात ]
[ Aam Aadmi Party Losing Voter Support in Delhi ]
[ तो क्या है भारत के प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद मोदी की डिग्री का राज़? ]
[ स्कूल बेकार, पढ़े-लिखे बेरोजगार, यह है दिल्ली सरकार ]
[ Is Yoga an Exercise for All Religions? ]
[ India: Civil Servants or Uncivil Masters? ]
[ Why Are Muslims Getting Close to Narendra Modi? ]
[ What Narendra Modi Says About Nuclear Terrorism ]
[ JNU Students Approach Human Rights Commission ]
[ BJP Attacking Democracy in Uttarakhand: Congress ]
[ Hindu Rulers Support Shady Hindu Event in India ]
[ Can Kanhaiya Kumar Achieve Social Democracy for India? ]
[ Student Protests Spreading Like Wildfire in India ]
[ Smriti Irani Lied in Parliament: Rohith Vemula's Family ]
[ Amnesty India Demands the Repeal of Sedition Law ]
[ JNU Protests: Repeat of Tiananmen Square Crackdown in India ]
[ Government Attacks on Students Intensify in India ]
[ Poll: 78% Not Satisfied with AAP Government in Delhi ]
[ Delhi Government Minister Faces Corruption Charges ]
[ Does Narendra Modi Follow the Gujarat Model of Corruption? ]
[ Is Arvind Kejriwal an Enemy of Delhi? ]
[ Are Foreign Investors Pulling Out of India? ]
[ Vladimir Putin Meets Narendra Modi in Russia. But Why? ]
[ Is India's Finance Minister a Corrupt Man? ]
[ India Burning: What Rahul Gandhi Tells Narendra Modi ]
[ What Is Narendra Modi's Mann Ki Baat? ]
[ How India Abuses Children's Right to Education ]
[ Is Narendra Modi the Weakest Prime Minister of India? ]
[ BJP Afraid of Losing Elections in Bihar: Congress ]
[ Online Poll: Do You Accept Narendra Modi as Prime Minister of India? ]
[ Modi Cheated, Defeat BJP in Bihar: Ram Jethmalani ]
[ Why Narendra Modi Must Not Be Sent Abroad ]
[ Congress Accuses BJP of Mining Scam in Rajasthan ]
[ Congress Hosts Kisan Samman Rally in Delhi ]
[ क्या सुषमा स्वराज ने ललित मोदी से रिश्वत ली है? ]
[ क्या अरविन्द केजरीवाल दिल्ली को बरबाद कर के रहेगा? ]
[ New Delhi: Where Deadly Pits are Called Roads ]
[ Communist Party Fears Hindu-Muslim Conflict in Delhi ]
[ Welcome to the Smart City of Stray Dogs ]
[ Narendra Modi Is Having a Ball at Your Expense ]
[ 10 Reasons Why Yoga May Not be Good for You ]
[ Police Dragnet to Catch Bad Guys of Aam Aadmi Party ]
[ Sonia Gandhi Attacks Modi Government ]
[ Narendra Modi Launches TV Channel for Indian Farmers ]
[ New Delhi: The Case of a Neglected City ]
[ अरविन्द भाई - छोड़ो यह रोज की लड़ाई ]
[ Can Delhi Government Stop Corruption? No Way. ]
[ नरेंद्र मोदी, न जाओ देश छोड़ कर ]
[ Is New Delhi the Dirtiest City of the World? ]
[ मेरा पैगाम अरविन्द केजरीवाल के नाम ]
[ India's PM Narendra Modi Threatened by al-Qaeda ]
[ Aam Aadmi Party Welcomes You to Dirty Delhi ]
[ How to Protect Your Child from Poisonous Pollution ]
[ How to Deal with Vehicular Pollution in Delhi ]
[ Land Bill: Congress Launches Cyber Attack on BJP ]
[ Toxic Air in Delhi Rings Death Knell for Locals ]
[ Congress to Host Farmers' Rally in Delhi ]
[ Mr. Modi, When Will You Come Back to India? ]
[ Why Insecurity Persists in India's Food Security Act ]
[ Decks Being Cleared to Launch New Aam Aadmi Party ]
[ Kisaan Satyagraha Against BJP’s “Land Snatching Ordinance” ]
[ Urgent Warning: Beware of Aam Aadmi Party ]
[ Anna Hazare Announces Padyatra, Says 'No' to Arvind Kejriwal ]
[ Can Aam Aadmi Party Stay United? No Way. ]
[ How Indian Rulers Abuse Human Rights in the Digital Space ]
[ Will Rahul Gandhi be the New Congress President? ]
[ Hazare, Kejriwal Join Forces to Target Narendra Modi ]
[ Arvind Kejriwal Writes Open Letter to BJP Minister ]
[ Anna Hazare Reality Show Season-2 Coming to Delhi ]
[ Communists Condemn the Move to Arrest Teesta Setalvad ]
[ No Democracy in India. It Is Parliamentary Dictatorship. ]
[ President Barack Obama Is Angry with India. But Why? ]
[ Can 'Clean India' Clean India? No Way. ]
[ CPI-Marxist Releases Its Draft Political Resolution ]
[ President Barack Obama Not Welcomed in India ]
[ Narendra Modi: “First Indian PM Who Can Fight with a Crocodile” ]
[ Delhi Election: AAP Survives, Congress Dies, BJP in Coma ]
[ Surprisingly, Aam Aadmi Party Prefers Clean Politics ]
[ Delhi Elections: 114 Candidates Have Criminal Cases ]
[ Beware ! Congress Hand Appears Again in Delhi ]
[ Kiran Bedi Invites Arvind Kejriwal to Join BJP. Will He? ]
[ Delhi Election: Politicians to Talk Frankly. Oh Really? ]
[ Political Sibling Rivalry in Delhi Election ]
[ Congress Releases Book to Target Arvind Kejriwal ]
[ Delhiites to Have the Option to Choose Electricity Retailer: Narendra Modi ]
[ Hindu Rulers in India Irk the Muslims, Again ]
[ Muffler Man: Politician Arvind Kejriwal’s Game Revealed, Finally ]
[ Indian PM Narendra Modi Plans to Quit. अब अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं ]
[ Indian Government Says “No” to Christmas Day in Schools. Attacks Christianity ]
[ Digital Damage in India: Web Perils of Information and Broadcasting ]
[ Anna Hazare to Narendra Modi: Pay Rs. 15 Lakh or Face Protest ]
[ Congress Releases Booklet to Attack BJP in India ]
[ How to become the Prime Minister of India: 10 Simple Steps ]
[ What Is the Future of Muslims in India? ]
[ Al-Qaeda: “India's PM Modi Is a Hindu Fanatic and Mass Murderer” ]
[ How “Make in India” Will Break in India ]
[ Will Indian Muslims Live and Die for India? ]
[ Al-Qaeda Terror Group Enters India. What Does It Mean to You? ]
[ Hello, Prime Minister Modi. Don't Bamboozle Me with Your Shallow Words ]
[ Meet the Uneducated Education Minister of India ]
[ BJP to Muslims: When in India, Do as the Hindus Do ]
[ My Urgent Message for Prime Minister Narendra Modi ]
[ Narendra Modi Is the New Prime Minister of India ]
Writers and political analysts are invited to contribute their opinion articles for the REAL VOTER section. You can contact us by providing your details in the online form given below.